Monday, April 14, 2008

Clint Eastwood and Teddy Ruxpin

Over the weekend I bought The Good The Bad and The Ugly. If you are a guy (or a kickass girl) you should definitely own this movie. Watching it I was thinking to myself who could play the roles if the movie was redone in Hollywood today. For the Ugly, I kept seeing Bruce Campbell, the actor who plays this character in the movie looks a lot like him. As for the Bad, Angel Eyes, it could really be almost anyone known for playing a villain and it wouldn't effect the movie, maybe Gary Oldman. Then I got to Clint Eastwood's character The Man With No Name and thats when it struck me, there's no Clint Eastwood's anymore. Sure Clint is still kickin ass playing the raspy old guy in several award winning movies, but there are no young Clint Eastwood characters anymore. None that could capture the character like he did. He was the perfect western character. The half smile with the cigar tucked in the side that gave off a hint of emotion but still kept the tough cool that resonated through the character. Sure the latest movies like 3:10 to Yuma were alright, but they pail in comparison to any Eastwood western.

Also I caught the Return of the Jedi on Spike. It's been a long time since I've seen Return of the Jedi but even so I swear they changed the hell out of that movie. I caught myself thinking "where the hell did this come from? I remember this totally different" Especially the death of the emperor and Vator. In my head I remember that taking place on the planet, I don't remember Luke taking Vartor's hand off and I really don't remember the very end where they were celebrating with Teddy Ruxpin on Endor. It was cool how they inserted the younger Annakin from the first three movies in at the end standing next to Yoda and Obi Wan but I really couldn't remember a lot of the movie being the way it was. Still loved it, still a great movie, but I guess my memory is failing me on Star Wars details.

No comments: