Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Warrior

When I leave my house on a Friday afternoon for a great weekend in Clemson, I think I look good (or at least as good as I get). I'm showered, wearing a clean button down shirt, my hair is civilized, I'm clean shaven (or close to it) and i have a spritz of cologne.

But two days later on Sunday this is not the case.

I got home today and was alarmed at what I saw in the mirror. It was 6pm and I hadn't showered all day. I had an alarmingly dense growth of facial hair. My skin was broken out. My eyes were red. My tshirt (which I had worn the night before) had four different stains of different colors, several of which I don't know what they could be from. I even had the names of three music groups scribbled on my wrist, which I'm amazed I wrote clearly enough to be able to read them while out drinking on Friday. However I can't remember what the songs were that caused me to want to write their name on my arm. I can only imagine what my breathe smells like. My hair was so askew that it actually went past looking bad and began looking good again. My stomach feels like I've been eating nothing but rat poison for the last week. I basically look like I've been thrown in a Vietnamese prison camp and somehow was able to drive home today.

But it was a great weekend. Always is a fun time with friends like mine. And there was laser tag and steak, so it was even better then usual. But damn, I felt so grimy today driving home that I didn't want to stop at Walmart because I thought I would get stared at.

I should probably tone it down a little.

No comments: