Monday, June 9, 2008

The Little Things In Life....

Its a strange habit I'm forming. This is the second Monday in a row that I've gone to work limping. Last week I stepped on a rock retrieving a $1.50 floatie and cut my foot. This week a Labrador fell on my leg. But we'll get back to that later.

This weekend began with a ton of excitement. Out of nowhere a girl likes me and is coming to visit me. It was really like being the leader in a game that you didn't know you were playing. By Friday I had to admit though I was still worried. Tracey's car was in the shop and the mechanic seemed clueless, the time that it was going to be ready was moved farther and farther back. What started as a problem with the transmission had suddenly turned into a search for mythical creatures. I was to the point that I was willing to drive 2 hours out to Columbia to pick her up, but we waited while the time moved back from 1 to 3:30 to 5:30. When I was about to leave, she says that shes gotten a guy to drive her out to see me. Honestly this girl likes me enough that she has convinced a guy to drive her two hours to see me. What she didn't realize was that the guy she picked was an idiot. By the time she got here he had driven her crazy with his lack of knowledge on everything from the difference of organic and non organic fabrics to topics that a five year old could write a dissertation on. She cooled off with me on the balcony while she told her story, sipped a beer and sat upside down on the futon. Finally we decided to head to dinner. First date. We decided to go to the Great Bay Oyster House. I had a slight panic attack when we walked in the door and the place was pretty full and a book of reservations with my name no where at all in them. It turned out to be not that big of a deal as we just had to hang out at the bar a little before our table was ready.

The whole time was fantastic. Never have I laughed and had as good of a time on a first date. Everything from the fact that one of the oysters we ordered apparently looked like a certain part of the female anatomy, to different seating positions she made her students sit in when she was a teacher. It was fantastic and topped off with her "model walk" and wave on the way out. Finally a girl that is as goofy as I am. We hop in my car and start heading back to my apartment when we come across an accident that blocked the road and caused me to go another way. Now I know a good number of roads around here but I found myself in the middle of the Greer ghetto with date in tow. Surprisingly though she was a really good sport about it and we eventually we made it back to my place. We popped in a movie and relaxed and eventually fell asleep. One really amazing day I couldn't wait for more Saturday down at the lake.

To be continued....

No comments: