Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Don't Fear the Reaper

So I've been watching the back episodes of this show called Reaper and I have to say that I'm hooked. Its like a mix of Chuck, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and this awesome Brimstone show they had on a couple years back. The main character Sam's parents sold his soul to the devil which goes into effect on his 21st birthday, so now he has to capture escaped souls for the devil and return them to hell. The only problem is that he and his friends (who think that its awesome and help him out) are total morons. Its painful when they come up with these ridiculous unbelievable lies to explain to people where they went. Especially the smoking hot love interest of the main character, who he has told some zingers such as "I'm donating blood to the homeless" and "I took up jogging" to explain why he ditched her fine ass. Seriously if I had a fine lady who was obviously digging me like she is on that show, I would tell the devil to fuck off and deal with the escaped demons after I got my swerve on. Another funny thing that happens is that when there's an escaped demon on the loose, he gains a demon power to clue him in on what to look for, like everything he eats turns to bugs for a bug demon or he loses all friction for a demon that makes his victims look like they fell and killed themselves. Also to transport them back to hell he has these "vessels" to use to trap them, however they're random everyday objects and the devil doesn't tell him how they work so he has to figure them out and make red lightning come out of them and suck the demon in, where he then returns the object to hell on earth, the DMV. Its a really clever show, I wish the characters were slightly less dumb, but its definitely worth watching if you get the chance.

No comments: