Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Clumsy People Shouldn't Be On Ladders

So today I went out to put up some signs and decided I was going to climb up on this concrete block about six feet off the ground to get a more solid platform while I drilled into the bricks with Rambo's drill (this thing is massive, like a jackhammer with a grip that comes out of the one side, scary stuff). So I get done drilling, and start looking around for my coworker that came along with me to hand me the sign so I could fit it in the holes to make sure they're placed well. But I don't see him anywhere so I lean down and put the drill on the cement and stand back up and back up to get ready to get down and get the sign, when I overestimate the length of the platform. I get this weird feeling through my body, the total lack of control and the loss of balance as I become air born. I fly backwards and into the large bush behind me, somehow managing to land on my feet. I hear my coworker yell "What the hell did you just do?" and I just start laughing. Not hurt at all except for a couple scratches on my arms that I'm not even sure are from that particular incident. But a bunch of people got a good laugh including myself over my clumsiness.

No comments: