Saturday, September 27, 2008

Other Blogs Suck

Now I'm sure it can't just be the bias that I have that my blog is a funny witty piece of Americana that all others should strive to copy. I've tried reading the featured blogs on the Blogger main page and they honestly and bluntly, suck terribly. I'm not sure how they get to become featured blogs when they are so unremarkably boring. One of them was actually about professional table setting. Another was about people who enjoy Pippi Longstocking. I am not fucking with you on this, these are the featured blogs. Am I missing something here? Do I need to dumb down my posts and gush about the precocious exploits of a book character to get the Blogger head people to take notice? It's really baffling to me.

Other things bugging me at the moment:

Ragdoll physics: It's not realistic at all game developers. It takes away from the game and you would think by now that someone at one of the game companies would have noticed that when you fall down, you don't suddenly have your leg flop up near your head. By adding this to the game it also causes problems with the body sliding and continuing to move for far longer then it should. Video game budgets are getting to be comparable to some movies. They do motion capture for everything else, can someone drop some cash and show people fall down like people.

Economic Bailouts: It's dumb, it really is. Where are the good old days when companies that failed and did semi-shifty things that finally caught up with them, just allowed to go out of business. If you are going to fork over 700 billion dollars to companies so that the rules don't have to apply to them and their CEO's get to retire on multi-million dollar golden parachutes, I'd just assume take my $2500 piece and spend it on rent or something fun like that.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to make apartments with white-everything: The carpet always looks dirty. The linoleum in the kitchen and the bathroom always looks dusty. The cabinets and counter tops show stains from things that don't exist. Cut me some slack landlords, throw down some color, we both know I'm not getting my deposit back, least you could do is make it so I don't feel like I need to clean up after I just cleaned up.

No comments: